Dynamics Research Corp. v. Industrial Equipment Machine Corp.
Dynamics Research Corp. v. Industrial Equipment Machine Corp., U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Magistrate Judge Caiazza/District Judge Cindrich
- Represented patent owner against alleged infringer
- Patent is directed to computer aided balancing technology
- Defendant filed a preliminary injunction motion to prevent Plaintiff from contacting customers about the lawsuit. The Magistrate
- Judge denied the motion (affirmed by Judge Cindrich), and, in its written report, stated that Plaintiff had demonstrated a likelihood of showing success on the issues of infringement and validity
- Defendant then filed a summary judgment motion for non-infringement. Following extensive briefing and oral argument in Pittsburgh, the Magistrate Judge ruled in favor of our client and that defendant appealed to the District Judge
- The case settled while on appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.